Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

mission storiesmtc

Mateaki, Dean, Lysy and Other Tender Mercies



The night before the Elders in my MTC district left for Atlanta, Georiga, they presented us Sisters with a gift. They built it up all day, and when I opened it, it was a 32oz bottle of vinegar. It was so funny. Sister Mateaki and I were bummed out because they left in the morning so there was no way we could get back at them. So we devised a plan, we used every ounce of that vinegar for various things and took pictures and sent the Elder lavish emails about how thoughtful and amazing their gift was, and how we appreciated (and used) every drop. We had so much fun, running around the residence hall, asking all of the Sisters how their mom's used vinegar. It was a blast, plus we got to know the Sisters on our floor. 
I miss Sister Mateaki so much! 



M. Russell Ballard spoke on Tuesday at the MTC, and it was AMAZING! 

Yesterday morning, at the MTC, I was taking another sister's luggage down from the fourth floor, when it fell on my knee, causing me to fall over and down an entire flight of stairs. My ankle was already swollen by the time the other sisters got to me.  Sister Dean CARRIED me across campus to the front office and then Sister Lysy sat with me as my temporary companion while everyone else scurried about trying to get ready for the bus to leave at 6 am.  Sister Dean was one of my roommates and an amazing example to me. She is so funny and I am so  grateful that she was there. She was a major source of strength to me all week, but especially then. She kept saying things like "you can do this" "it will be okay" and other things like that. She is a super genuine person, so those words were very comforting. Sister Lysy lived next door to me, and she is so nice. She missed breakfast to be with me, which is the ultimate sign of friendship. What a gem. Any who the front office man called the MTC on-call doctor, and he said that I was not allowed to go to Temple Square that day. Some sisters from my zone came and were vacuuming the lobby, and so they were asked to be my temporary companions. I got to go teach one of their investigators with them in the TRC, and see Brother Carver, one of my teachers. I loved teaching with them, it was so much fun and I learned so much! One of the Sisters thinks that I fell down the stairs so that  I got to get to know them better, I am not quite convinced, but maybe hahah. Anyway, after teaching the MTC President said if my ankle was broken, then I was not going to be able to go to Temple Square until next transfer. I was freaking out. They set up an appointment for me with the scheduling office for after my doctors appointment, so I could get a new room, and new companion and new class schedule. They were sure it was broken. My x-ray results came back and it isn't broken, it could be fractured though, i'm not allowed to walk on it until Monday, and if it still hurts then, I need another x-ray, if not I have to wear this awful "BYU" ankle brace for the next month. Upon the discovery that it wasn't broken, it was decided that I was going to stay in the MTC until Monday, and then go from there. However, in all of the commotion, the Temple Square Sisters figured that I would be going with them, so they put my luggage on the bus. The MTC president called President Poulsen, and asked how we could get my stuff back down to Provo, he said, "What? No, we want her here!" They found someone from travel services to drive me.  He was pretty cool. He opened the back door for me like he was my driver or something. I just crutched past him and sat in the front. It was weird not to have a companion. When I got here they had a wheelchair waiting, and all the sisters from my MTC class came and gave me a hug (all 23 of them). Everyone in the mission knows me because of this adventure. I wish I had some pictures but my camera is dead. also it takes me a million years to get ready so I am not even matching right now. I figure the wheelchair distracts from the fact that black and brown make a frown. It hurts really bad, but I am so glad to be here. 

I love it here at Temple Square!


My companion's name is Sister Tsang, she is known in the mission for having the coolest accent! She is from Hong, Kong but went to high school in England. Her accent is amazing. I love it! Guess where she served her outbound mission??? TEXASSSSSSS!!!! She got back yesterday from the Texas San Antonio Mission, she served in Austin the entire time. How cool is that?!!?!?! She loves Texas, almost as much as me. She is super nice and an amazing trainer, I have already learned so much! She is so sweet, she has been pushing me around everywhere, we are both very sore today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib