Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

adventuresfunnymission storiesmtc

Fresh Sister at Temple Square #themissionisreal

Now this is the story all about how
my life got flipped turned upside-down,
now I'd like to take a moment, just sit right there
I'll tell about how I became a Sister at a place called Temple Square

DFW is where i was raised. 
at the church was where I spent most of my days
Mutual, Seminary, Sacrament Meeting too
Not to mention countless meetings which was kinda cool

When I went to bishop, which was really good
we submitted my papers, I wasn't sent to the hood.
I got a big white envelope, and I got to know where
I was called to serve in Utah at Temple Square

I waited and waited, day after day
We packed my suitcases
and I was sent on my way 
Mom gave me a kiss 
and she gave me my ticket
put my name tag on,
said I might as well kick it

But wait I hear their prissy
over the top, all of that
is that the type of place 
they sent this cool cat?
I don't know, I'll see when I get there
I hope their prepared, for me at the Square.

I pulled up to Provo at 1 or 2 
I yelled to my sisters
yo home! see ya later
I looked at the MTC, 
I was finally there
To learn and to grow
before I get to Temple Square



Yo! First week in the MTC has been crazy! My companion's name is Sister Mere and we are doing well. She is from South Africa so it has been really neat learning about a new culture. We have been having lots of fun  together. Learning and teaching and all that jazz. Our days are long and busy, but weeks go by fast. I can't figure out how to send pictures so that might have to wait until I get to Temple Square. I have so many from the Temple, with our zone, and everything. The other district in our zone left today for Ohio and Virginia. I already miss them! They were super funny and definitely helped with the adjustment process. I hope we are the same way for the elders and Sisters the come tomorrow into our zone. There are 3 Elders and 1 Sister going to the DC North mission and 3 Sisters and 1 Elder going to the Arizona Scottsdale mission (I hope Sarah trains one of the Sisters or something!). Sister Mere and were called to be Sister Training Leaders for the Zone when we got here, because there weren't any in our zone. I am nervous because there was no one to train us, so I'm not sure entirely how to train them, I am excited though for our calling. 

I could go on and on for hours but ain't nobody got time for that  (am I right ladies?)

Thanks for taking the time to read about my silliness and such. You rock lil teenies. 
Have an amazing week!

Sister Hopkin



                                Sister Hopkin and Sister Mere playing in the snow


Sister Hopkin and Sister Mere with Elder Schoebinger and Elder Zimmerman



Sister Hopkin with her MTC district at the Provo Temple









No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib