Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

happymission storiesmtc

Life is for Learning: Part Two

The last  week in the MTC has been harder than any of us thought. The Elders left for Georgia on Tuesday and us sisters then became part of the largest district here. 34 Sisters, and no Elders. Our classes increased with the change as well. We now are in class 10 hours a day, plus our 2 hours of study time, and at least 1 hour a day of working in the TRC (teaching resource center). There volunteers come and we talk with them and try to implement what it is we've learned that day. I have met some awesome people at the TRC. It is the most nerve-wracking, but also one of the funnest parts of my day. 
                                          

Look mom!!! we made it! On our first day of Visitor Center Training we got to go to Temple Square and have the "guest experience." Two sisters gave us a tour and it was amazing. I've been to Temple Square so many times but this was the first time I had ever received a tour. Tomorrow we will go again but this time have the "missionary experience". I am honestly pretty nervous, but excited too. 

Kimberly gets married tomorrow!!! I am so excited for her and Dan. They have definitely been in my thoughts this week. 


​I realized that I never formally introduced the Sisters in my district. From left to right it's Sister Mateaki, Sister Bean, Sister Dean, Sister Flake, Sister Mere, and me! Sister Flake and Sister Dean were not in our original district but they share a room with us. They are both going to visitor centers so they are in our new district!. Sister Mateaki is going to serve in Washington D.C. North Mission, including the visitor center there, and Sister Flake will serve in the Salt Lake City East Mission, which will include the visitor center in Park City. I am so sad that Sister Mateaki will be leaving us on Tuesday, she is one of my closest friends here at the MTC.

The biggest lesson I learned this week is found throughout the scriptures. The phrase "it came to pass." It's everywhere! And I don't think I every really thought about what it meant until this week. It came to pass. Good and bad things come to us everyday, but they come to pass. My time here at the MTC, it came to pass. I was told once that when you are a missionary, you are more alive. The successes are sweeter, and the failures somehow, more devastating. They come to pass. My mission, will come to pass. Good times never last, but neither to the bad. 

I hope everyone has a magnificent week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib