Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

awkwardboysdatingsummer

"Hockey Season is Over"


The summer after I returned from my mission was a confusing one when it came to dating. I was pretty awkward and extremely not interested in dating anyone at that point in my life. I had some fun friends who were not in that same position, so often I would find myself at singles events. Dances, cookouts, campouts, you name it, I probably went to it, and I probably made a fool of myself at it.
This was my probably the face I made when I realized (hours later) what I had done


One dance in particular, three guys approached my two friends and me and we were each asked to dance. This didn't bother me, after all I wasn't afraid of guys I was just hella clueless. The song began. We started to shuffle back and forth, attempting to dance. Cue small talk:
Where are you from? Where do you work? What do you do for fun?
I shared the things I always shared. I'm from Lewisville, I work at Kids Club in a gym, I love watching hockey.
He shared his answers with me and we had a fine conversation as we continued to dance to that one Snow Patrol song (for reference, this was in 2015 believe it or not). As the song ended, he asked me smoothly (arguably too smoothly),

"So what's a guy gotta to do to take you to a hockey game?"

I froze. Puzzled. Then replied,

"Oh haha hockey season is over"

THEN.
I.
WALKED.
AWAY.

How cringy is that????? I am the worst! I had no clue he was trying to ask me out.  I did not mean to shut him down as ruthlessly as I did. I just was so confused by how he would be so much a fan that he wanted to go to a game, but not know that the season had ended. Needless to say he never spoke to me again. If you're out there Kevin* I am so sorry.


*name changed on account of me not remembering it

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib