Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

adventuresfriendshappy

5 Ways to Get Rid of the Funk

This weekend was AMAZING. I can not begin to explain how much I needed this weekend. Friday I had the privilege of spending Friday with Liahona.
Upon my arrival to Salt Lake, it was clear that our original plan for the evening was not going to cut it. Liahona was clearly in a funk. Just in case you were wondering being in a funk doesn't translate well into French. We both did our best to come to a mutual understanding of what I was trying to talk about. I got out my bullet journal and made this page.
We went over the plan and then headed for the car. We started with a drive. We went to the Bountiful Temple, and then to the Salt Lake City Temple, where we served our missions. The drive was so nice.  There was a slight hold up with a police officer but that's not the point. We spent the drive listening to songs about letting go, moving on, and embracing change. (Oh and that one Augustana song I like)
Next was Target, which is basically my second home. We went through their dollar section and laughed at the funny things we found. 

Our last big adventure was at All Star Entertainment in Draper. Our original goal was to go bowling but it was a Friday night so they were super busy. We ended up playing arcade games, taking some pretty great pictures, and mini golfing. 

The final things on our list, we had to do seperately because it was getting pretty late and we both enjoy our beauty sleep. The three videos we watched are the videos that I often use to keep me grounded. When I am sad or upset they give me hope. There are a lot of reasons to be in funk. I hope that these videos can help you too. 
This first one is just for a laugh. 
This one helps me when I miss my home and when I forget why I am here. 
This one reminds me that endings aren't always bad.

I did not realize how much I needed that night until it was already over. I am grateful for such a great friend, that goes along with my crazy schemes. Not only did she go along with this whole night, she encouraged me to write this post about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib