Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

friendslovemountainssummer

Let's Talk About Mountains: Pt 1

Imagine you're hiking up a mountain. You breathe in the fresh air, and smell the pines and you wind up the switchbacks. Then you stop to have a drink of water. What do you do? You turn around and see how far you've come, you take in the view, you try to see where you started.

That's what I used to think everyone did.

But I was wrong.

Upon moving to Logan, Utah I have had the privilege of hiking a lot with my friends. I love it. One of my closest friends here, unknowingly has taught me a lot through the "water break" situation I described earlier. When we stop to rest he never faces out into the valley when we hike. When we stop to catch our breath, he always faces the mountain, looking up to where we want to go. It's fascinating to me because it's not a conscious decision. I naturally look at the valley and he naturally looks at the path ahead. I'm grateful for a friendship that pushes me to reach new heights (literally).

It's important to pause and take in the beauty, but there is also something to be said for not losing focus. I have set some pretty ambitious goals for myself, and I know that how I am going to reach them is by facing my mountains.



That's all for now homies. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib