Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

familyfriendshappy

Hey Mister, I'm a Cliche

I understand that having goals is important. Progression is important.


Lately I have reflected on where I was, where I am, and where I'm going. All of it has left me sort of empty. I am where I need to be so that I can get to where I want to be but it is not enough. This weekend I was reminded of an important truth. Sometimes it's not about where you're going, but who you're with. 

Last night I spoke with a friend from middle school. We talked about how far we've come from the awkward girls who would sneak food into band class. Our peers are now parents and spouses. This led us to how far we have to go. All of the failed relationships, failed exams, and failed Pinterest projects that currently stand between us and our future families, careers, homes seem so significant right now. Keeping perspective can feel impossible. By surrounding ourselves by down-to-earth, progressing, positive people, I believe that task becomes more attainable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib