Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

mission stories

新年快樂! (Xīnnián kuàilè) Happy New Year!


Today we celebrated Chinese New Year!!! It has been so much fun! They are doing a dinner tonight for the Chinese sisters, so I'll be on exchanges with Sister Mahoney from Canada and we are going to have our own celebration.


This week was fantastic! I am learning more and more everyday about foods from other cultures that I can eat! Sister Ficquet and Sister Sindylkova have been a huge help! I took a picture with them to post on here, but I can't find it. Oops.

Temple Square is amazing. A church historian came this week and taught Relief Society, it was awesome to see the pictures and learn some new stories. 

I am trying to send out letters this week so please be patient with me! I know, I'm the worst. 

Guess who I saw this week?! Brittni and Jordan! It was so great to see them and talk for a few minutes. After they left another Sister came and asked how my little sister was doing. Hahaha

Now that I have that out of the way, I can tell a funny story about me. This is a direct quote from a conversation I had with Sister Kuo this week "Sister Hopkin, you don't really seem like you are from America. Be honest, do you really understand what people are saying to you when they speak English?"

I don't have much time to write more, but I just would like to close by letting y'all know. 

My name is Alexis Makenzie Hopkin. I'm nineteen years old. I am a missionary. I walk with a cane. I speak English, and I'm a Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib