Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

playlist

Playlist #1

When I was in the eighth grade, I had an amazing English teacher, Ms Simek. She loved reading and it was contagious. That year I read every single assigned reading. She introduced me and my classmates to a book that soon became my favorite book ever, The Oustiders.

After finishing the book one of the assignments that we had was to create a soundtrack to go along with the book, or a character's experience. I loved that assignment I remember working so hard to find the perfect blend of happy and sad songs to pair with such a dynamic novel. For some reason over the past two days that project has resonated with me. So I've decided to repeat the activity, but instead of creating a soundtrack to Ponyboy's life,  I've decided to soundtrack my own. 

Apartment - Modern Baseball
XO - EDEN
Glitter In the Air - P!nk
Out of the Woods - Taylor Swift
Last Hope - Paramore
Youth - Daughter
Is There Somewhere - Halsey
New Orleans - Parachute
Once Upon Another Time - Sara Bareilles
Brokenhearted - Karmin
Walk On Water Or Drown - Mayday Parade

Lately there has been nothing really to report about my life which has really bothered me. Anything I did want to express I could never really find the right words to explain what I felt. Music has played a huge role in my life. Seriously I love everything about it. These songs are so much more than a good beat with words. Every culture, including the Deaf Culture has a element of music within it, which is used to celebrate, mourn, and unite. These songs fulfill that same purpose in my own life. They say what I can't through more than just the lyrics. It is so powerful which is amazing to me because when I am in a moment where I have something to  express but I just don't know how to, I feel pretty helpless. Music is spectacular because as it can fulfill a million different purposes at the same time it empowers the artist and the audience. As a writing of a different medium, that is my goal. To be empowered and to empower others by expressing that they are not alone. I love this blog and writing in general for giving me that opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib