Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

friendslovesummer

5 Things I've Learned this Summer

1. Love is not dead.

The summer started off a little rocky when Calvin Harris and Taylor Swift broke up, and it left me a little cynical. Haha, but really. If they can't make it in this crazy world, what chance do I have? Just kidding.....kind of. Regardless, I learned something from my girl T-Swizzle. She said, "Hang on, it gets easier, then it gets okay. Then it feels like freedom."

I learned to how to fall in love with freedom.

2. 59 cent ice cream is good anytime of the day.


I'd like to take a moment to personally thank McDonald's for making this summer so sweet.

3. The best way to make a new place feel like home, is spend time in nature.

I learned this on a sunrise hike earlier this week. Feeling like I belong is super important to me, and I haven't really felt it much since I moved here, but the more time I've spent in the mountains, the more Cache Valley feels like home.


4. You can decorate absence however you like, but you are still going to feel what is missing.

This one kind of goes without saying, but it is something I had never put into words. Personally, when I feel anything strongly, I turn to writing, and to my crafts. Neither of those outlets ever make my feelings go away, but they help me understand them better. I know I'm always going to feel what's missing, but I also know, the more time I've spent writing and painting, the more I've been able to look at my situation rationally.
5. A properly placed emoji can change EVERYTHING. For real.

that is all.

stay gold Ponyboy 


No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib