Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

awkwardboyfriendboysguestpost

boys are still scary, even if you have a boyfriend

McKay is a 21-year-old kitten and puppy enthusiast that lives off of dry shampoo and fruit snacks. In her spare time, she sometimes goes to class and frequently educates people about feminism and why Tangled is better than Frozen. You can find more of her opinions and embarrassing stories at yourstrulymckay.blogspot.com.

I honestly don’t know how I ended up with a boyfriend because I have absolutely no idea how to talk to boys, and after over a year of dating my current boyfriend, I don’t even think this has really changed all that much.
A few weeks ago, I was in the HBLL (the library on campus). I got up to print something and when I sat back down at my computer, the boy (man????) on the computer across from me threw a paper onto my desk and smiled at me. I immediately went into panic mode.
The paper was face-down so I didn’t know what it said unless I very obviously turned it over which would have been uncomfortable because I’m pretty sure he was watching me.
Naturally, the only thing that one would do in this situation is text my best friends and my boyfriend about it. This went on for like 20 minutes and the three of them found it so amusing but I was just terrified about how to shut this boy down because obviously he was flirting with me since I’m so dang cute????????????
HA!
Jokes on me, because I eventually turned it over, and he didn’t ask for my number.

I still don’t really know if this was some form of an attempt at flirting? I just wrote “Sorry, no” and threw it back to him. As I told Jesse, even if I didn’t have a boyfriend, what was I supposed to say? “No, I was not, but you probably recognize me because we are eternal companions and knew each other in the pre-existence.” ?????????????
Apparently, according to Jesse, that I very rudely shut him down (I said sorry?) and probably broke his heart but we will never know whether or not that was flirting or an actual confusion about whether or not he knew me.
Either way, I have yet to study in the library again since then.

Yours truly,
McKay

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib