Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

loveopen letterssummer

this one's for the newlyweds

One day my friend Sophie and I were on a drive.To be honest, we were probably griping about boys. It was around dusk and we blared Harry Styles as we cruised around town with the windows rolled down. As we drove down the street, I saw you standing at the top of the steps, leading to an apartment. You stood in front of the door, dressed in all white. I remember I said something about the puffy sleeves on your dress. I noticed that you looked about my age as we pulled to a stop at the red light before us. I looked over you and saw your sweet husband come out onto the steps, sweep you up and carry you into your first home.

I cried as we drove a way. Because for a split second, I felt it somehow (to some extent). Scared but safe. Pure. Exhilarating. That moment was magic. You were with your sweetheart and y'all are in it together. Regardless of the stress the previous days had probably held in your life, and regardless of the stress that would come in the days that would follow as you adjusted to married life. You have each other. It moved me to tears for so many reasons.

I cried because where I am is so very far from the doorsteps where the love of my life awaits to carry me in his arms to our first home. I cried because I want to want to be there. I cried because I kind of don't. I cried because of the beauty of the moment. I cried because I didn't know why I got to witness it.


I know that the days to come are hard. For you, for me, for everyone. But during those hard times I hope you draw from moments like these, I know I will. Thank you for sharing that moment with us, even if it was unknowingly, it means a lot. You inspired me, in ways I could never express with words. As a 21 year old Mormon girl, there are a lot of newlyweds in my life right now. I hope they have moments like these. I am grateful for when they have let me on their 'doorstep moments.' Someday I'll share my moments with y'all. Until next time...

Stay gold,

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib