Friendship is Magic

Climb the mountains

collegemountainssummer

Let's Talk About Mountains Pt. 3

This week I haven't even thought about climbing a mountain, it has been so busy. During the beginning of this week I participated in a leadership conference and during the second half I began my first college class, USU 1010. AKA Connections.

Through both I have learned so much, but I think the lesson that hit me the hardest was about mountains.


As previously established in other posts, my mountains represent my goals, my fears, and my challenges. And here's the thing. I am going to reach the top. Yes, there will be another summit to climb once I get there, but I overcome that one too. I am confident in that because I know I won't be alone. I can't reach them on my own. If it was just up to me I think I would somehow end up lower than I started. Luckily I have amazing parents and siblings and friends and mentors that will be there too. I learned that I need to decide who I want there with me when I get to the top.

I have said it before, I don't believe happiness is a destination, and I think saying it is a choice is a huge understatement. Happiness is not a fight, it's a hike. Exhausting and sometimes physically painful. Fun. Challenging. Worth it.

I am grateful for the mentors that have sacrificed their time, tears, and talents, for my sake, over the course of my life, and for the individuals that have been apart of the aforementioned programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| Designed by Colorlib